Films with references to moose :-
- Charley's Aunt (1941) - Charley's Aunt describes Mr.Spettigue as sounding like a "moose calling to it's mate"
- Ghosts On The Loose (1943) - Glimpy gets scared and climbs to the top of a moose's head on the wall. Mugs threatens to "stab him with one of those horns"
- Morris the Midget Moose (1950) - Morris is a small moose with normal sized antlers. Together with Balsam, a normal sized moose with small antlers, they take on dominant male of the herd.
- How To Marry A Millionaire (1953) - Loco thinks the lodge she's going to is an Elk's convention but it's just a log cabin. However it does have a moose's head on the wall
- Doctor At Large (1957) - Moose's head seen on the wall of the hotel reception
- Lilies Of The Field (1963) - The head nun asks the "Order of Moose" for money to help build a church
- Spinout (1966) - Elvis and his band have chocolate mousse "without the antlers"
- Myra Breckinridge (1970) - Individual shots of the top and
bottom halves of a moose's head mounted on the wall
- Monty Python And The Holy Grail (1975) - The opening credits contain so many references to moose that they are listed here in full.
- Confessions Of A Driving Instructor (1976) - Moose's head on the wall of Tim's mum's flat
- One Of Our Dinosaurs Is Missing (1976) - Moose's head seen on the wall of the main office of the museum
- Silver Streak (1976) - The Sheriff's deputy is called "Moose"
- National Lampoon's Animal House (1978) - Moose's head in the
Delta's fraternity house seen during the chants of "toga!"
- Arthur (1981) - Moose's head in the library of Susan's house. Arthur asks "Where's the rest of this moose?"
- Top Secret (1984) - Resistance fighter called "Chocolate Mousse"
- National Lampoon's European Vacation (1985) - A moose on Clark's
"Walley World" shirt
- Return To Oz (1985) - Stars a green moose's head attached to a flying
sofa called "the Gump"
- My Beautiful Laundrette (1986) - One of Johnny's old gang is called "Moose"
- The Golden Child (1986) - During the credits, after the opening sequence, a number of typically American images are shown including a Rocky & Bullwinkle advertisement
- Ernest Goes To Camp (1987) - One of the young offenders has the
- Maid To Order (1987) -
"Save the moose" is suggested as the theme of a charity gig
- Vice Versa (1988) - 100,000 "Jingle bell moose" toys are
recalled by the factory due to one moose swearing in Polish. Also interesting
discussion on the plural of moose eventually settling for "meese"
- Gremlins 2 - The New Batch (1990) - A restaurant offers a famous Canadian dessert "Chocolate Moose" in the shape of a moose's head. The waiter asks "Can I cut you an antler?"
- Cool World (1993) - Cartoon character hit by falling moose's head
- Grumpy Old Men (1993) - TV broadcast showing a moose that had been tamed after being injured
- Zero Patience (1993) - Moose displayed in the Natural History museum
- Naked Gun 33 1/3: The Final Insult (1994) - During a 'Thelma & Louise' sketch, the two girls set off in their car which is loaded heavily including a moose's head (which is later stolen)
- The Adventures Of Priscilla, Queen Of The Desert (1994) - When playing charades, Adam/Felicia thinks one of the mimes is a "scary moose"
- Ace Ventura - When Nature Calls (1995) - Ace impersonates the sound of a "Canadian moose during the mating season"
- Salt Water Moose (1996) - A film about two children and a lonely moose on an uninhabited island. (See Moose For Sale for related gift ideas)
- The Birdcage (1996) - A moose's head is brought in to refurnish Armand's flat but is soon swapped for a crucifix
- The English Patient (1996) - A Canadian spy working for the Allies has the code name "Moose"
- Mousehunt (1997) - A moose's head in the house that Lars and Ernie inherit appears to cry when the building starts to flood
- Prefontaine (1997) - A sign for 'Moosehead' beer can be seen as the fans in the bar watch the race
- Dr. Dolittle (1998) - The doctor trys to convince a tiger that there have been lots of loveable tigers and recalls the song "Eye of the Tiger" emphasing "not eye of the moose, not eye of the bull, but eye of the tiger!"
- The X-files (1998) - Moose's head in the bar when Mulder met Dr. Kurtzweil
- EdTV (1999) - As Ed is broadcast live for the first time, the opening advert on the bottom of the screen is for "Moose's Restaurant"
- Shanghai Noon (2000) - Jackie Chan takes part in a bar fight and ends up using a set of moose antlers, from the wall, as a weapon
- The Adventures Of Rocky & Bullwinkle (2000) - A mix of film and cartoon action brings back the famous moose and squirrel for a real life showdown. (Click here for more details about this wacky duo or see Moose For Sale for related gift ideas)
- My Little Eye (2002) - In the 'reality TV' house there is a moose head on the wall and a small moose statue on a table
- Brother Bear (2003) - After Kenai is changed into a bear cub he meets two wayward moose called Rutt and Tuke who accompany him on his journey
- Cheaper By The Dozen (2003) - Tom, the father of the household, wears a moose jumper for the family's Christmas card photo
- Meet The Fockers (2004) - Greg puts on a pair of antlers to stop baby crying, calling himself "Mr Moose"
Moose are also popular on British & American television, see Moose on TV ...
... or return Home.